Education is the cornerstone of NICE Foundation. It lays the groundwork for the future direction of adolescent girl’s lives and the societies they live in. It is a fundamental human right and essential for the exercise of all other human rights and for social, political, and economic participation.
Most countries have laws requiring children to attend school and constitutional guarantees on the right to education. Yet this right is threatened through exclusion, segregation, corruption, weak education policies, and insufficient accountability of governments and education providers.
The NICE Foundation supports to schools to make the right to education meaningful and seeks to enable and promote—through materials support, advocacy, and programmatic efforts—quality education for all. The base for conducting educational activities is the 7 strengths: Belonging-Curiosity- Friendship-Kindness-Confidence-Courage-Hope
Our partnership to:
• Identify and amplify evidence-based ideas advancing the learning of school children;
• Support schools with good management who can deliver these ideas;
• Support schools with unique educational materials including books and stationeries;
• Back social mobilization and strategic litigation to demand accountability among education actors;
• Convene education actors, often with divergent views, such as community organizations, unions, international organizations, government ministries, private education providers, and enable an informed and purposeful debate; and
Support and nurture education reform and highlight best practice examples to others in the education field.